"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."--Groucho Marx

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World, by Craig Groeschel


Back to non-fiction with Soul Detox, the next book I read. I’m just now getting to the books published in early May. I can’t believe how far behind I am. I promise to do better in the summer months. I generally read books that I receive from NetGalley, so I guess that I was a little too positive about the time that I would have available for the month of May, or really April was where my life went crazy. Things are still crazy, but I should have more time to read and post during the summer. 
Zondervan

Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World, by Craig Groeschel

Craig Groeschel is a preacher for today’s world. He is the founder of a LifeChurch.TV, with fourteen locations and is on the web. Groeschel has podcasts available through the itunes store, and has written several books. Soul Detox is an excellent choice for many of today’s Christians, who have allowed the world to take over their lives instead for living a life pleasing to God. Groeschel does not preach he merely presents well thought out reasoning pointing out how many of us have lost sight of the kind of life that the Lord chooses us to live. What has today become accepted in the world cannot be allowed in the life of a Christian, because it leads us away from God instead of toward Him as we are intended to move.

This is was really eye opening to me, forcing me to begin to make some changes in my life where I had become lax. Groeschel’s term ‘Christian-Atheist’ really struck home. We know the commandments, yet we choose to break them, since often the world says it is OK. This is an excellent choice for anyone. It is such an easy read, that it would make a great gift for young people, or could be studied in a youth study group. Don’t get me wrong, it should be read by most adults, too.  This one book will change your life.

Published by Zondervan on May 1, 2012.

Galley provided by NetGalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment