"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."--Groucho Marx

Saturday, August 4, 2012

More books for this week!


Well, the other day, I did not get to post the reviews for all the books I had read last month. So, today, I am here to finish that task as well as add the ones I have read this week. I am listening/ watching the Olympics. Currently, the USA Men’s Volleyball team is playing Russia. I am continually amazed at the way these athletes move and compensate so rapidly, as I have no ability in this area. 

On this Saturday, I am thanking God for all the blessings he has bestowed on my family and me. I was thrilled to watch Gabby Douglas perform and give God the glory, and sad to watch so many misguided individuals verbally bash a man for making Godly choices. As those people voice their opinion that Christianity is hate, and tromp all over our civil rights to free speech, I realize that I need to make a more determined effort to turn to the Lord for guidance, and not keep my light under a bushel. I continue to wonder why it is only Christianity that receives the brunt of the anger of people when other religions hold similar values. It leads me to believe that Christianity is the only truth.

Have a wonderful day. Read a book, and pray for our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment